Our client produces glass and plastic containers for private households and manufacturers and is divided into the three business units Tableware, Pharmaceutical and Food & Beverage. With over EUR 500 million annual sales, 2,300 employees and 9 factories, it is a global business present in more than 100 countries.
- Our client recently had been acquired by a private equity fund.
- Together with this investor, the client's management developed a global growth plan with a focus on expansion in high potential emerging markets.
- In particular, Brazil had been identified as a key market for strategic growth.
- The client asked us to evaluate the pharma plastic packaging industry in Brazil and identify possible acquisition targets.
- We analyzed the market in detail in terms of:
- Plastic pharma packaging market structure, competitive scenario and trends, product offerings, key customers and suppliers,
- Key players profiling in the perspective of an acquisition and business assessment of the target companies, their business models, organization and current/perspective performance/equity value,
- Potential integration synergies and emerging sources of value.
- Brazil was confirmed as an attractive market to invest in.
- In total, 12 relevant players for a possible acquisition or cooperation were identified of which 6 were selected for further profiling.
- With those, meetings were held to evaluate their interest for a cooperation.
- As a result, three strategic options were shortlisted and 'letters of intent' developed for further investigations (due diligence).