With EUR 1.3 billion and more than 6,000 employees, this company is a leading international player for heating and hot water products, systems, services and solutions. Our client has production sites in 11 countries.
- Our client has a global footprint but was not yet present in Brazil. The company planned to enter the Brazilian market for water heating - through an acquisition.
- We were asked to analyze the market, screen it for possible acquisition targets, profile relevant players and enter into preliminary negotiations.
- In order to assess the market; scout, identify and profile potential acquisition targets, we delivered the following activities:
- Market analysis and segmentation, drivers analysis and market projections,
- Player identification, development of selection criteria and short-listing,
- Company profiling of shortlisted players,
- Selection of target companies to be approached for initial negotiations.
- Due to a lack of reliable information, a market model was developed which reflects values and shares for the entire market, per segment and for each of the key players. It also provides market projections from 2006 to 2014 for each market segment
- 29 relevant players had been identified initially of which 7 companies were short-listed as possible targets and further profiled.
- As a result, our clients submitted indicative and non-binding offers for two companies.