With USD 15 billion annual sales and over 28,000 employees, our client is a global leader in agribusiness. The company offers integrated crop solutions of agrichemicals and seeds to growers worldwide.
- In a challenging market, the European leadership team had declared an ambition to grow and out-pace the competition – profitably.
- In a region characterized by cultural diversity, market differences, and crop complexity, the management recognized that success would depend on the time-to-market – the ability to take decisions and implement them without delay.
- In order to achieve this, a methodology based on the "Balanced Scorecard" concept was developed in a collaborative way with the European management.
- The approach was focused on building leadership alignment, simplifying the strategy into an actionable form and creating clarity for all staff.
- The strategy was defined by agreeing the five most critical business activity areas and commitment achieved on drivers, performance indicators and action plans.
- The strategic agenda led to a release of potential with real impact, for example:
- A portfolio of product opportunities successfully federating opportunities for significant sales growth across country boundaries,
- A comprehensive "gap analysis" identified significant sales potential in markets where the company was not yet present at that time,
- Development and implementation of marketing and sales capabilities (channel effectiveness and efficiency, field force effectiveness, CRM),
- Capability development and succession assessments for critical roles.