With USD 15 billion annual sales and over 28,000 employees, our client is a global leader in agribusiness. The company offers integrated crop solutions of agrichemicals and seeds to growers worldwide.
- Our client had recently transformed its business by integrating the crop protection and seeds offers and by creating global crop-specific units.
- Sugar cane is the smallest of them but has the highest growth potential.
- Offers for crop protection have been the only source of revenue for this business unit, but recently the client had introduced an innovative planting solution.
- However, it was not delivering the expected value; new revenue streams were needed in order to help support the ongoing R&D activities.
- In order to review the client's options and develop alternatives, we:
- Re-assessed market size and client needs, and challenged business models,
- Designed new market offers, aligned to market and clients' needs,
- Developed a pricing strategy, based on a client side business plan, for value capture/risk sharing options,
- Developed a business plan based on penetration scenarios.
- The client is able to leverage better the existing assets – production and commercial team into an integrated offer for growers.
- An new offer was tailored addressing specific client needs: yield development, time-to-market and improved practices – and generating better value to clients through improved procedures and tailored pricing.
- Margin for the clients allows to sustain the current R&D activities.