With USD 15 billion annual sales and over 28,000 employees, our client is a global leader in agribusiness. The company offers integrated crop solutions of agrichemicals and seeds to growers worldwide.
- Two of the largest pharmaceutical companies merged their operations - and decided to spin off and float their agribusiness divisions. From the start, this spin-off became the world's largest player in its industry.
- A transformation program integrating the two units had to be designed. Objective was to establish organizational structures, business processes and IT systems enabling the client to future growth on a significant lower cost base (target USD 300m p.a.). The program had to be implemented and globally coordinated.
- Over a five-year timeframe, we facilitated the development and co-managed the global transformation in all main functional areas (including CRM, Supply Chain, Finance, HR, IT) – across all four global regions.
- The initiatives were' supported by a Global Program Management Office (PMO), coordinating the functional and regional initiatives and facilitating the change.
- The program realized synergies of USD 1.8 billion over 5 years. On an annual basis achievements were significantly higher than planned (in excess of USD 500 million p.a. compared to the targeted USD 300m p.a.).
- An efficient operating framework for all functional areas and regions had been established.
- A leaner organization, as well as more efficient and effective processes and systems prepared the company for innovation and future growth.